Wednesday, July 2, 2008

1- Read this guys


I’m Hicham Sadiki. I was born in 1969 in Meknes, Morocco. I graduated from the University of Moulay Ismail in Meknes in 1993 with a BA degree in English. From 1995 to 1997, I worked as a Sales and Public Relations Manager at an Import-Export Company in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. In 1997, I came back to Morocco for good.

From 1997 to 2000, I thought English at a number of private senior high schools in Meknes. In 2000, I was assigned to teach English at public schools. I worked at public high schools in Azilal and Khenifra. Since 2007, I have been teaching English at a public junior high school in Sebaa Ayoun, Delegation of El Hajeb, as well as a private high school and a center of languages in Meknes.

I participated in many workshops and seminars and I took part in the Partnership for Learning (P4L) Follow-on Conference in the spring of 2007, in Rabat. One year later, I was called to take part in P4T teachers training program which is taking place at the University of Delaware from June 28 to August 08, 2008. Therefore, I am now enjoying very interesting presentations and workshops conducted by American teachers of very high quality.

The Partnership for Teaching (P4T) teachers training program is funded by the US State Department, Bureau of Cultural and Educational affairs, and administered by the University of Delaware, English Language Institute (ELI). The program was incepted in 2004 at the University of Delaware. Its aim is to support the efforts and provide assistance to the ministries of education in Morocco, Egypt, Syria and Jordan to enhance and strengthen the English language capacity in these countries and to sustain the development and implementation of English as a foreign language curriculum that emphasizes new teaching methods and delivery mechanisms at the junior high school level. To reach this objective, teachers participating in this program are exposed to the latest innovations concerning methodologies of teaching EFL. They are also given the opportunity to practice the English Language, to observe, participate and enquire about US culture.

No comments: